South San Francisco, CA
SEC Reporting Manager
Tempest Therapeutics is seeking an SEC Reporting Manager who will be responsible for the administration and preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements, technical accounting matters and implementation of new accounting standards. The SEC Reporting Manager is a newly created role and will be key to the company in preparing external financial statements and various footnote support files. The SEC Reporting Manager will report to the Corporate Controller. The position is based in South San Francisco, CA and is not a fully remote role, office presence will be expected.
(duties are not limited to the below and may evolve over time and change depending on business needs and individual’s expertise)
- Prepare SEC reporting documents (10-Q, 10-K, Proxy, 8-K) including XBRL tagging.
- Prepare quarterly cash flow statement, earnings per share and equity roll forward workbooks.
- Prepare footnote support schedules, tie-out binders for SEC filings and disclosure checklists.
- Assist with research and preparation of technical accounting memos.
- Collaborate with the general accounting team to prepare corporate financial reporting for internal analysis and external SEC filings.
- Collaborate with the legal team to ensure compliance with SEC regulations.
- Work closely with external auditors to manage the financial quarterly review and annual audit process.
- Provide financial analysis including explanations of variances between actual and budget/prior period.
- Ensure internal controls over financial reporting, including disclosure controls and procedures, are adequate and operating effectively.
- Participate in monthly/quarterly financial close review meetings to ensure appropriate accounting of transactions and accurate external reporting.
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc requests as needed.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited university
- CPA and public accounting experience required (Big 4 preferred)
- 4-6 years' accounting experience, with at least 2 years SEC reporting
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Biotech or life sciences industry experience strongly preferred
- Ability to work closely with management
- Commitment to all reporting and audit deadlines
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with Workiva preferred
- NetSuite ERP software experience a plus
- MS Office Suite, Google Suite, technology savvy
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading or as an individual contributor
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and interpersonal
- Sound judgment and critical thinking skills
- Highly detail oriented and meticulous with data
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and shift with changing priorities
- Super organized with effective time management and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Independent problem solver, comfortable in small company environments where taking on various responsibilities is inevitable
Tempest Guiding Principles
- Be Respectful and Collaborate
- Work with Integrity and Rigor
- Commit to Personal and Corporate Growth
- Strive for Success
Tempest Therapeutics, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates should forward a resume and cover letter including a statement of interest to: email@example.com
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS or AGENCIES
Tempest Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.