South San Francisco, CA
Summary and Scope:
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, energetic, detail-oriented Research Associate (RA) with immunoassay and/or molecular and cellular biology experience and prior experience within a fast-paced Research & Development (R&D) team. The primary role for the Research Associate is to support Tempest R&D efforts including drug candidate selection, preclinical evaluation, and analysis of patient samples from clinical trials.
(duties are not limited to the below and may evolve over time and change depending on business needs and individual expertise)
- Support the development and execution of biological assays (molecular, enzymatic, biochemical and cellular) to support drug candidate evaluation and selection
- Perform immune and cellular assays (FACs, ELISA, Luminex, PBMC Processing) with primary or continuous mouse and human cells
- Represent team and present data at cross-functional project team meetings
Education & Experience
- BS in Biological Science or Immunology
- At least 2 years of laboratory (academic or industry) research experience
- Experience working under SOPs a plus but not required
- Experience with relevant sample and model types (human biological samples, mouse)
- Familiarity with standard immune assays (FACs, ELISA, Flow Cytometry, Luminex)
- Experience with molecular biology techniques, cell culture and biochemistry
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and effective time management skills; ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word), PRISM and database software.
- Prior LIMS experience a plus
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting as an individual contributor
- Sound judgment and critical thinking skills
- Highly detail oriented and meticulous with data
Tempest Guiding Principles
- Be Respectful and Collaborate
- Work with Integrity and Rigor
- Commit to Personal and Corporate Growth
- Strive for Success
About Tempest Therapeutics:
Tempest Therapeutics is a clinical-stage oncology company advancing small molecules that combine both targeted and immune-mediated mechanisms with the potential to treat a wide range of tumors.
The company’s two novel clinical programs are TPST-1495 and TPST-1120, antagonists of EP2/EP4 and PPARα, respectively. Both TPST-1495 and TPST-1120 are advancing through Phase 1 studies designed to study both agents as monotherapies and in combination with other approved agents.
Tempest is also developing an inhibitor of TREX-1, a double-stranded DNA exonuclease that is designed to control activation of the cGAS/STING pathway, which is an innate immune response pathway that induces the production of IFN-β, a cytokine that is well-established to trigger the development of anti-tumor immunity. Oral delivery of a TREX-1 small molecule inhibitor is intended to selectively activate STING in tumors, leading to anti-tumor immunity.
Tempest is headquartered in South San Francisco and supported by notable healthcare investors. More information about Tempest can be found on the company’s website at www.tempesttx.com.
Tempest Therapeutics, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates should forward a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
This is not a remote position. Local candidates only, relocation is not provided.
NO PHONE CALLS or AGENCIES Please.
Tempest Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.